As part of the HELIX construction project, preparation work is set to begin on a sky bridge that will connect HELIX to the existing sky bridge between Moran Eye Center, Primary Children’s Hospital, and University Hospital. The preparation work will lay the foundation for the bridge’s construction, which will occur later.
This preparation work, which will take place in three phases, will impact the small parking lot adjacent to Moran Eye Center, along with the road and sidewalk to the roundabout in front of Moran. It is not anticipated to impact traffic on Mario Capecchi Drive.
Beginning the week of February 7, 2022:
- Construction fencing will begin to go up around the small parking lot to the north of Moran Eye Center.
- Access to the surface lot will be closed off, but access to the underground parking under Moran will remain open.
- The pedestrian crosswalk from Moran to Primary Children’s Hospital will be accessible.
- This phase of work will include removal of the grass and trees, along with asphalt and light fixtures within the fenced area.
Beginning on or around February 14, 2022:
- The construction work will shift to overnight between 7 pm and 5 am.
- The road and sidewalk leading to the Moran Eye Center roundabout and underground parking will close between 7 pm and 5 am.
- The focus of this second phase will be utility location work, which will include drilling.
- The work is being done overnight in an effort to minimize any noise and vibration impacts.
Beginning on or around February 26, 2022:
- Sewer and utility work will take place.
- The work will continue to take place overnight between 7 pm and 5 am.
- Phase 3 is anticipated to be completed in March 2022.